got ethical husbandry?

Any UFC fans out there?

I don't really want to watch it live, I'd rather be able to fast forward especially through some of the boring ground moments where there's nothing fancy going on other than the fighters trying to catch their breath or let the round end.

On a team? no, during that 2 week period of PE class in high school where we do some random sport in the hopes that it makes us more physically fit, yeah I did. I don't want to watch wrestling matches, I don't mind if elbows are being dropped, punches, knees, or submissions trying to be applied in a slow methodical manner, when the purpose is simply to control the person to the ground or against the cage that stuff is boring to me.

Rich, sounds like you need to get your ears checked :)

There are many fights, many different styles. I just don't dig the wrestlers ground game the "lay and pray" if you will. I prefer more of a jujitsu ground game.

Sorry Mike BJJ guys are just as guilty, if not more of the lay and pray. Wrestlers are more apt to GnP.

Personally I respect all disciplines, as someone who has spent a good amount of time wrestling and boxing, you can get your ass kicked by just about anyone if the time and place is right for your opponent.

I never said wrestlers were boring, I simply made the statement that clutching on the ground trying to get your breath was boring, you made the connection with wrestling :)

Just it seems there has been a fair share of squeaking out victories by decision simply because they were able to control the game on the mat. Don't get me wrong I get upset at the guy on the bottom too for not having the skill set to get himself up, but it makes for boring watching in my eyes. I'm not saying the ground game is boring, just the boring ground game is boring :) Hence my desire to fast forward through the boring parts.

The only part that bugs me is when they are circling for a long time doing nothing. Other than that, its all good. North south has been working well for me lately, so don't knock it! :D

Thales said:
The only part that bugs me is when they are circling for a long time doing nothing. Other than that, its all good. North south has been working well for me lately, so don't knock it! :D

Mir vs. CroCop wasn't your type of fight? :D

Back