Cali Kid Corals

All posts lost from past 12 hours

Well, I screwed up. I accidentally deleted the entire "Community Discussion" forum group. (which includes these forums: Events and Announcements, Welcome, Resources, Web Site, and Eutrophic Zone). I meant to delete a test forum that I had created but I was doing multiple things at once and not paying enough attention.

So, I restored the site from this morning's 5AM automated backup. That means that those forums are back (yay!) but anything posted or edited on the site and all private messages from the past 12 hours have been lost.

I'm really really sorry for trouble, guys. I do have a copy of the database from right before I restored over it so if you wrote any particularly long posts or emails that you want back, PM me and I can try to dig up the text for you.

Snit happens, we'll recover (I all ready did :D ). You can't blame a volunteer that has devoted so many of her free hours doing the web work for us :)

Thanks for all the hard work :)

GreshamH said:
Snit happens, we'll recover (I all ready did :D ). You can't blame a volunteer that has devoted so many of her free hours doing the web work for us :)

+1

WAIT

Did my post count go down when we lost those posts?

:lol: I kid, I kid :lol:

Mr. Ugly said:
Dang it. Now I'll have to repost all those Katie Perry nekkid pics :D

Good thing you have those backed up on several servers, eh? :D

GreshamH said:

+1 Erin, sorry for the stress this must have caused you. Hurray for backups!

All that you probably lost were post by me. I would probably call that a strategical bonus to the forums :p

(crap! You are right Gresh. Lost post counts!!)

Back