got ethical husbandry?

icecap out of business ?

Just to undercut you and so I can get rid of my two, I have 2 for $400 each :lol:

Lee's airstones are still on the market, same with Skilters :p

Crap, that just made my 36" VHO reflector prewired with an icecap plug worth even LESS!

Oh wait, I mean I'll sell it for $1100 and a couple frags of LE corals.

Look at it on the bright side, the plug is the one used for computers and other things :)

Look at PFO, out of business and people still look for PFO specific ballasts, cords, plugs

The new aned soon to be Ex IC CEO posted a doozy on RB...

Dear Salt Water Aquarium Enthusiast,
IceCap, inc. is not out of business but has idled its operations to assess a path forward. There are those in the industry that would like to see the demise of IceCap, Inc. to profit from the absorption of IceCap’s customers and to provide me-to products they will have readily available. If IceCap fails, the Salt Water enthusiast with IceCap products will be hurt in the end as they will have to purchase a different brand of product and/or not get service.
To the benefit of the enthusiast, if IceCap fails I will disclose all product cost information about IceCap’s and similar products in the industry and the associated mark-ups. I will expose the suto-white knights that artificially showed interest to acquire IceCap only to turn their backs to wait for a demise to feed off the opportunity of desperate customers. I will gladly share this information to allow the enthusiast to leverage pricing and cost knowledge to assert pressure on retailers, distributors, and manufacturers to gain a better consumer pricing advantage for an expensive venture.
Posted by: Chuck Troiani
December 16th, 2010 at 3:47 pm

So since this troll can't stop a sinking ship (that he joined 100% full of water) he's going to create drama? There will be no benefit to the consumer if he does this, just a lot of internet crap. Prices won't change. The fact he thinks they will shows how inept he really is and how quickly IC will hit the bottom of the ocean.

That fact is, IC has not made a single product in years. Every one, 660 and all, are rebadged products.

I have PHO stuff too! I am rich!. I just realized all the lights on my old tank are now gone. Icecap 660 for the T5s and PHO for the MH. Damn, that was the best of the best just a few years ago and now they are gone. Will post my tank on antique road show.

Boy, that Chuck guy does sound like a fool.
If of course it was really him posting.
Best bet would be to sell the name, possibly to one of these LED startups that could really benefit.
But there is a good chance that he no longer has any say in that.
Being CEO does not mean you are the current owner of the business assets.

He's not the current owner of the business assets, most CEO's aren't IME.

I have no doubt that Chuck is Chuck.

Back