Reef nutrition

Adolfo's 57 gallon reef tank

I am now starting a new thread as i switched over to a new setup about 6 months ago. I had a crash where most of my corals did not survive and what i did have i handed out to all the local reefers that i knew had good tanks.

I rebuilt my new setup using a 57 gallon rimless tank from Neptunes with stand and plumbed it to my 30 gallon frag flat with 20 gallon sump.

Equipment list

57 Gallon Glass Rimless tank
30 Gallon Frag Flat Tank
20 Gallon Sump
ACJR controller for the 57
ReefKeeper Lite for my Frag tank
JBJ ATO
OCTO 160 Skimmer
Ehiem nano return pump
Mag 3 Return Pump
3 150watt heaters set on the controllers
Coralife Fuge Light
24 inch 50/50 reef brite for frag tank
ATI 8 Bulb Power Module on 57 Gallon Tank
Vortech MP20 on 57 Gallon Tank for Circulation
2 Koralia K2 in Frag tank for Circulation
1Koralia K2 in Display for Circulation
60 pounds of Live rock Mixed
20 pounds of sand and crushed coral mixed.

Live stock
Midas Blenny
3 Blue Green Chromis
Algae Blenny
Leopard Wrasse
African Firefish
Hi Fin goby
Rainford Goby
Borbonius Anthias

All get along very well.

Corals will be mixed

Red Planet
Green Milli
Pink Milli
Pink and Green Milli
Tri Color Acro
Sunset Monti
GSP
Xenia
Teal Red Chalice
Mummy Eye Chalice
Miami Hurricane Chalice
Ricordias
Assortment of Mushrooms
Devils Hand leather
Open Brain
Mixed Acan Lords
Green Nephia
Mixed Zoas and Palys
Maxi Mini Nem
Orange Plate coral
Hammer Coral.

Will be adding more SPS shortly.

Enjoy the pictures. Below.

102_2295.jpg

102_2296.jpg

102_2300.jpg

102_2298.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. Its a work in progress. Yeah its pretty crazy cool part they laid them on the front glass. The chromis and the algae blenny have been guarding the eggs and my blue tang comes around and helps once in a while. It crazy how they all get along. My wrasse and midas are the ones that think its free food.

Nice set ups Adolfo! The single head of duncan i got from you a while back now has multiple heads. Let me know if you want me to frag you some.

How are you liking that tank? I am looking at getting the same one, but I am still unsure about the center overflow, it seems to be rather large and really visible.

I am really interested to read your equipment list because my tanks are 55G bow corner and 30G flat frag with a 20G sump. Do you regret at all having a shared sump for the two tanks and not having them isolated?

bondolo said:
I am really interested to read your equipment list because my tanks are 55G bow corner and 30G flat frag with a 20G sump. Do you regret at all having a shared sump for the two tanks and not having them isolated?

No regrets its actually simplified the multiple task i had to complete to keep the tank parameters in check.

melly mel said:
Nice set ups Adolfo! The single head of duncan i got from you a while back now has multiple heads. Let me know if you want me to frag you some.

Thanks for the offer i ended up with another frag of duncan i picked up from Neptunes.

Keep spreading the chain to other members in the club.

Erick said:
How are you liking that tank? I am looking at getting the same one, but I am still unsure about the center overflow, it seems to be rather large and really visible.

I do like the tank its roomy and fits the space i have it in. I don't really mind the overflow being bigger than the true illuminata as the price difference was that much more for the true illuminata versus this knock off. I figured i would just glue up some frags and let them grow out.

Back