Neptune Aquatics

BAYMAC2011 - What would you like to see?

G

Hey folks... the coral vendors have been asking me what to bring and honestly I have no clue so please give em suggestions on what you're looking for :D

I'll start :lol: Branching Turbanaria, or any unusual Turbanaria sp.

That actually should be obtainable. It won't come in under that genus or species name, but I could swear I have seen those (after running and grabbing the COT)

sfsuphysics said:
is "lights that are something other than pure blue" not an applicable request?
Totally acceptable request and one your not alone with. I like when they present the option of seeing in all blue.

I have seen corals for sale under the name ctenactis albitentaculata, but they didn't have the white tentacles. I actually have a ctenactis crassa, which was labeled "tongue coral" in the store. They should be findable, but I haven't found one. I've seen pics online of them in brown, green, and pink base colors. I'm not actually picky on color but pink would be awesome.

However any rare fungiids will probably cause me to spend the money I have set aside for lights. :D

Sorry... miss leading title... what corals would you like vendors to bring? We can sway vendors on what to bring, but exhibitors we are limited to what they have in their product line ;)

Awesome LPS, like metallic green Octo Frogspawn (Euphyllia divisa), Open brains (Trachyphylliidae), and generally larger frags than one eye frags of chalices :)

Mr. Ugly said:
Cool looking uncommon non-trendy lps.

OK not sure how to pull that one off :lol: If it's purdy, it's trendy right now :D

Me winning some major raffle prize!

Interesting digis or other branching montiporas. I will also admit that I want to see acros, stylos, and other non-puddling sps coral. Deepwater species would be nice.

I also agree tha seeing things in lower kelvin would be nice.

I'd like to see some of the larger lps as well, basically anything my foxface won't nibble on... he's got a taste for acan lords.. so needs to be larger :d

actually last year I had to zoom off quick for my cousin's bachelor party (mmmm boobies)... this time I might be able to stay for more than one speaker... although there is the wife factor, and how quickly she'll tire.

The one thing I don't want to see is fresh cuts. Its hard enough on them as is, give them some time to heal :)

Same rule applies as last year... no onsite fragging.

Back