Kessil

Receding LPS. =(

I've had thin edges on my chalice frags when I felt ALK was too low. Not swinging, but chronically low. Param adjustment back to my target plus a session in the corner of the tank with strong laminar flow and

What type of lighting are you using?
Have you tried using a diatomatious filter to polish your water?
What is your substrate?
Who makes your water and how?
Increase your frequency not your volume at one time on the water changes.
What have been your standard water tests looked like, NH3/NH4, NO2, NO3. your ph could be a hair higher

Good luck with your trouble shooting
Kelly

I've bumped up my calcium dosing and kept the Alk dosing at the same amout to get a better CA/ ALK ratio. I'll shoot for CA of 450 and ALK of 9-10. I'm going to keep doing frequent 20% water changes, about once week. I did notice after yesterday's water change a zoa that had never opened, a Space moster, had finally opened. I take that as a good sign. :)

Lighting is Metal halide, T5 & LED and has been stable in both tanks. Substrate, water source have been pretty stable, not sure about Nitrate/ nitrite levels but I add don't add much food to the tank so likely no problem there. I suspect it's either the CA/ ALK levels or an unknown contaminant like metal. Tomorrow is another water change and I'll watch to see if anything improves.

One thing I noticed in all except the last photo was algae around the coral maybe it is the culprit; I would try scrubing the algae off with a toothbrush.

nudibranch said:
One thing I noticed in all except the last photo was algae around the coral maybe it is the culprit; I would try scrubing the algae off with a toothbrush.

Algae came after the tissue recession other wise there would be tissue there and no algae.

GreshamH said:
nudibranch said:

Algae came after the tissue recession other wise there would be tissue there and no algae.

chicken/egg!

houser said:
GreshamH said:
nudibranch said:

chicken/egg!

Hardly. No gold star for you today.

I use the Hanna ULR phosphate checker. I regularly get 0 readings, once in a while I'll get "1", but then a recheck ends up with a "0". I also had Neptunes use their phosphate checker and it confirmed my Hana's readings.

Back