Reef nutrition

Crabby Labor Day - Free crab?

iCon

Supporting Member
After a quick tank viewing - Saw this guy dart behind a rock. No idea what type it is, but by the looks of its claws I'd say it's a man eater. Could have been the reason my nocturnus gobies disappeared and my unknown blenny's fins were completely shredded... And come to think of it a porcelain crab went missing as well...

Strange thing - All rock in this tank was dry before going in... AND every coral that entered the tank, sat in a 1:5 peroxide solution for 5-10 minutes...This crab may be immortal.

If anyone wants it, come get it in SF. Otherwise...Not sure what I'll do with it. It'll be sitting in a screw type tupperware until further notice...

6117624457_bb43281519_b.jpg

I'll take him if you don't want him.

For the record - I've had a crab that looks *EXACTLY* like him in my tank for the entire time it's been set up. I freaked out and banished him at one point, and turns out he wasn't the cause of the problems I was having. So he's back in the tank. He's just a black emerald crab (see the flat claws). Opportunist for sure, but not especially evil.

Nocturnus gobies are SUUUUPER cryptic so it's common for them to seem to be "missing" for awhile

Back