High Tide Aquatics

Yosemite 2011

Very pretty and tranquil. What are crowds like during that time?

I've been in Summer, Spring and late winter (snow on ground, roads closed, I call that winter) winter was quite nice too... except the whole camping in freezing weather bit, but it still looked nice.

sfsuphysics said:
Very pretty and tranquil. What are crowds like during that time?

I've been in Summer, Spring and late winter (snow on ground, roads closed, I call that winter) winter was quite nice too... except the whole camping in freezing weather bit, but it still looked nice.

There were quite some people over the weekend. I even had to stop on the highway from Mariposa (where we stayed). But weekdays were perfect.
I've never been there with snow on the ground. Definitely will go when I get all wheel drive car.

CookieJar said:
Vlad- you're the master with the camera- great shots! love the reflection pics, did you have to take them in the early am before wind?

Mirror lake is always like this. Honestly I've never seen high or even moderate wind in the valley.
Those pics are all around noon, if I remember correctly.

You can go skiing/snowboarding at Badger Pass. You usually don't even need chains (late winter) they have the roads all cleared and you can just take a bus. I haven't been there when it dumps in the valley though.

Back