Neptune Aquatics

Apolloreef led or kessil?

I was thinking about going back to leds just cause i like the temp and no heat transfer and was wondering which fixture is best...i have a 34g solana and if i go with kessil its gonna be around 600 for 2 and apollo led for 400. Just seeing if anyone has experience with these fixture

Never heard of the Apollo fixture, however do your homework as all LEDs are not created the same, nor give the same output, hell even similar LEDs might not be run at similar currents too. Hell Kessils LED component is actually made in house, so you know the Apollo one won't be the same :D

I've been doing research on apolloreef leds and they look awesome. Check it out apolloreefled.com mark54321 uses them. He's from rc

housing-back8.png

3 power sockets for controller driven LED system seems very poorly designed IMO. Am I missing something?

The one I purchased was new. If anyone needs the better deal for two let me know since I could use one more.
He runs a tank service out of Redwood City.
Matt [algblenny@yahoo.com]
I remember him from way back. Think he had web site for rare corals.

Gomer said:
housing-back8.png

3 power sockets for controller driven LED system seems very poorly designed IMO. Am I missing something?

I don't mind the cords. From what I researched it's it's not a bad fixture at all. Some prefer this over the AI

I looked at it and it seems good but hard to know w/o seeing it or trying it. I'm curious as to how loud the fans are, other LED fixures in the same box (Evo for 1) had fans that were loud, even the 'quiet' fans were loud. If you run a quite system the fan noise can be a real drag.

A fixture that looks like a china box with bridgelux vs a tiny mulitchip fixture that is silent, is built in the bay area and is actually innovative. I don't see much comparison. just sayin'

Kessil also offers 2 years warranty! You can't back up a product like that without a solid design. No brainer to go with Kessil.

two year warranty parts and labor. Serviced in Pennsylvannia!

Also, ASSEMBLED in the US is NOT made in the US, just assembled. Kinda like Toyota sends parts to have vehicles assembled here in the US.

Back