Kessil

Any good firearm training in the Bay Area?

Well like the title says - any good recommendations? I want to go and get familiar with safe handling/procedures/etc before I go to the range in the near future.

Funny you should ask, but I'm going to a class tomorrow @ Reeds. They're in santa clara, probably too far away, but I believe that most ranges have a basic firearm class. I don't know which places are best or recommended.

try here as it's close to SF.

I just go here to shoot when I need to Zero in my rifle scopes or it's raining and want to shoot. Indoor.
http://www.jacksonarms.com/

www.WestCoastTacticalTraining.com

Couple of off-duty San Jose Officers teach the courses.

Contact Patrick and Dave

tacticaltrainingassociates@gmail.com

I was one of their first students so the classes were pretty small when I went. I have nothing but praise for their teaching style and for them as instructors. Recently I have heard the classes have been packed, you may want to see if they have any openings.

Let them know Dustin sent you.

I shoot at Reeds since I work close to there, but I took my pistol course in San Rafael at Bullseye. I think that place is better than Jackson Arms. The training pistol course (3 hrs) was on sale through groupon too : )

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about Jackson? They used to be over where Lowes now is off the 101 in SSF (also where Underwater World had a very brief stint)

Ask for Mckee Quan at Jackson Arms.
Nice guy and a friend of mine.
Check out the article:
http://thebolditalic.com/ethankanat/stories/256-packing-heat

fav firearm:
broomhandle mauser c96

The newer jackson arms seemed too small and dinky to me, but I haven't been there in a long while. So maybe its better now. Bullseye is ok in san rafael too, but they need to add some target trays or something. Reeds has wider lanes and better vents and lights, in my humble opinion. Outdoor ranges are fun too.

Crosis said:

Contact Patrick and Dave

I was one of their first students so the classes were pretty small when I went. I have nothing but praise for their teaching style and for them as instructors. Recently I have heard the classes have been packed, you may want to see if they have any openings.

Dustin, where do they teach their courses?

Eileen,

http://chabotgunclub.com/ they offer Basic Handgun Safety and Markmanship class among other classes they offer, they don't offer rental handguns so make sure you bring your guns and they stock most ammunition in case you ran out. (510) 569 - 0213.
This facility has a 200 yard range that i go to once a month to fire my custom 6mm br rifle. I shoot F-class and will be heading out to Sacramento Valley Shooting Facilty for the 600 and 1000 yards range (which is the intended distance for this rifle).

FYI.. 200 yards is only open every 2nd Saturday of the Month yep.. same time as Bar Meeting so i havn't been there for 3 months now since we have great speakers at the meeting...

Also, this is the same facility Mythbuster uses... cheers!

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/ChabotGunClub.PNG

Thanks! I actually want to know about gun safety/gun handling before I even consider buying.

I have friends that go shooting on a regular basis (short & long range) and wanted to get some basics down

Apon said:
Crosis said:

Contact Patrick and Dave

Dustin, where do they teach their courses?

Morgan Hill Range is one of the primary locations I believe... I know they have a couple places they train at.

Back