Reef nutrition

Holy Sh!t earthquake!!!

Yeah was teaching my astronuts a thing or two, then I went down to the first floor and looked at the seismograph man that thing had a pretty significant jolt on it.

Yeah, what an annoyance! >:(

I was more mad than anything - afterwards I went to go check on the tanks - no water splashed out. Not that I wanted water to splash out, but it sure was pi**er all the same.

I was driving, never even knew there was a quake. Everything was fine when I got back, couldn't tell that anything was affected.

yeah, it was very powerful even in the north bay (tiburon). The leading tip of it got us in a "WTF" state.. cats included, then the big momma rolled in and we started scattering... I went right for the tank.. the water sloshed a lot and I could see the GPS waving heavily in the sloshing current.. my outer orbit fixture was making a lot of shaking noise.. I was waiting to see a massive LR cave in but nothing did.. whew. I felt a bit disoriented after this one.. but perhaps part of that was the adrenalin.

I'm glad everyone is O.K. It's funny I wonder how many of us went to "save" the tank, and didn't run to a door way or some other quake safe area. I know I did while thinking to myself, hanging on to an aquarium is not a good idea.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2542.msg26290#msg26290 date=1193843975]
I'm glad everyone is O.K. It's funny I wonder how many of us went to "save" the tank, and didn't run to a door way or some other quake safe area. I know I did while thinking to myself, hanging on to an aquarium is not a good idea.
[/quote]

I did :)

My friends sisters three year old said "Mommy, what was that? It was FUNNNNN!!" :)

I thought I felt something last night.. woke up and heard a low rumbling, then the bed felt like a water bed. I knew I wasn't night walking... weird.

Just a shudder? You are right near the epicenter, 4.5 I just saw on the USGS site (those things change though as all of the readings come in). It wasn't shaking too hard here, it shook for a little while though and it had that feeling like, I might get bigger on you, you better think fast.

I was standing in front of my washer and dryer about to turn on my RO/DI unit when it happened. Both washer and Dryer were running so perceptually it wasn't as bad as it probably was. I thought the washing machine was causing some vibrations but as I stepped away I really felt it for just a split second. Wasn't 100% sure so I went here and confirmed it.

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/SF_Bay.html

Back