got ethical husbandry?

Erick's 57G LED Tank

Nope, no other fish have tried to visit the overflow. I had a flasher wrasse jump through a gap in my screen when I moved it to pour in some food a few months back. But I got it back in the tank after about 30 seconds. No harm no foul. The color on the solar wrasse was looking really bright after his adventure through the overflow and then through the drain, now it's back to normal.

IMG_1175.jpg

Tiger Tail cucumber

Yea, since it didn't happen for so long, I pretty much figured it wasn't going to happen. Then last night when I got home there they were, the female was slamming into it and would hang out in it for a few seconds, rinse and repeat.

They weren't in it this morning, can't wait till I'm home in the day to see what's happening :)

Nice tank! I'm in the process (well, bought parts only) of setting up the same tank. A couple questions (maybe I missed them :p )

- Are you using two MP10's? Wireless?
- What return pump are you using?
- Those are nice fish! Whats the current stock count?
- Where / how did you make that screen? I will probably need it too.
- Whats the total pounds of rock in there now?
- Is that the Oceanic tech stand?

I have two MP10's waiting, Eheim 1620 for the return and a Kessil A350W on order.

Sorry for a list of questions :eek:

I have 1 MP40.
Eheim Compact Plus 5000
For fish I have:
Pair of Ochre Stiped Cardinals.
1 Red Head Solon Wrasse
1 Adornatus Wrasse
1 Filamented Wrasse
1 Yellow Line Wrasse
1 Leopard Wrasse
Pair of Darwin Clowns
1 Chromis
1 Tailspot Blenny
I made the screen at home using the video found on the BRS site, I also purchased the screen from BRS the rest of the items from a local hardware store.
The pounds of rock is ... I dunno :D maybe 50lbs maybe more. I had around 30lbs in my 28g nanocube that I used, and bought some more from a fellow reefer that was getting out.
The stand was built by one of Neptune's contractors.
I have been looking at the 350w myself. I shouldn't since there isn't anything wrong with my current lights, but you know how it is, there is always something shiny and new to play with.

Very nice. Love the fish list. Would not get clowns though, the b&w i have right now, hates me, lol.
I'm going from a 28 nanocube as well to the 57. so will be transferrring my 25-30lbs of rock.
Already have a tailspot blenny.
I'll probably end up with 3 -4 wrasse, cardinals, and a trio of anthias.
(though would love a small tang :eek: )

Any recommendations for an extra small herbivore fish? I've been looking for a fish for my frag tank (~25g) to hopefully help keep the brophis and valonia under control. I've avoided putting any invertebrates in the tank because most of the frags are on ceramic disks and I don't need them bulldozered.

Back