Cali Kid Corals

Hypothesis: A Reef Tank Can Be Sustainable without Any Water Changes

BAYMAC said:
Take vinyl records. They hit the market running, then died off, only to make another come back. ON a technical standpoint, scrapping a needle over micro bumps and valleys is horrible in the long term. Yes, analog sounds better to many audiophiles, myself included, but on a technical stand point, it is inferior to digital (on the long term usefulness)

What about using a laser to measure the distance differences and convert that to a sound?

sfsuphysics said:
BAYMAC said:
Take vinyl records. They hit the market running, then died off, only to make another come back. ON a technical standpoint, scrapping a needle over micro bumps and valleys is horrible in the long term. Yes, analog sounds better to many audiophiles, myself included, but on a technical stand point, it is inferior to digital (on the long term usefulness)

What about using a laser to measure the distance differences and convert that to a sound?

Hey, you know better : Only accurate to the wavelength used.
Vinyl + tube = true analog = infinite resolution.
Or not ... :)

But : Brains, ears, hearing, and expectation, don't work like audio test equipment.

rygh said:
sfsuphysics said:
BAYMAC said:

But : Brains, ears, hearing, and expectation, don't work like audio test equipment.

Not to mention the laser would also pick-up any debris present, and if you look at even a new piece of vinyl or acetate under a scope, you see all kinds of crap in the grooves :(

BAYMAC said:
rygh said:
sfsuphysics said:
BAYMAC said:

Not to mention the laser would also pick-up any debris present, and if you look at even a new piece of vinyl or acetate under a scope, you see all kinds of crap in the grooves :(

What if the laser was mounted on a shark's head?

Back