Jestersix

Rocky's 280g Peninsula Reef

GuyWalker1219 said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words here is a link to my system in this months R2R tank Spotlight. A full write up on the system and a lot of pics are there to view. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-spotlight/110933-reef-spotlight-march-2013-a.html

Mad props for the spotlight on R2R, Rocky! You have the tenacity of a bulldog to have put in the weeks of blood, sweat, and tears buffing the acrylic to a perfect finish. Any chance you have a photo of the tank in its original state when you purchased it from the guy who kept it in his backyard?

What a great article! Congrats Guy, you did such a nice job.

I love the final pic showing the tank in the room. Very cool. I am building a very similar canopy at the moment. Nice to see one that looks so good.

lattehiatus said:
GuyWalker1219 said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words here is a link to my system in this months R2R tank Spotlight. A full write up on the system and a lot of pics are there to view. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-spotlight/110933-reef-spotlight-march-2013-a.html

Mad props for the spotlight on R2R, Rocky! You have the tenacity of a bulldog to have put in the weeks of blood, sweat, and tears buffing the acrylic to a perfect finish. Any chance you have a photo of the tank in its original state when you purchased it from the guy who kept it in his backyard?
Here's a pic I had taken after getting back and rinsing it out with a water hose. The guy in the photo is Brent Jenson better known as Oats in the reefing community. http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/GuyWalker1219/72x36x24-2_zps9b1fbfa9.jpg

Hard to believe that is the same tank featured in the spotlight... Kudos for all the elbow grease that went into turning it into a show tank!

has the LED been on this tank to grow out all that SPS?
Nice work!
Inspirational, and a single parent. Your making us all look bad! :)

JAR said:
Nice work!
I've never had the kind of growth I get under these ToaTronic LED's. Crazy but true China Cheap LED's really work well how long they will last now thats the real question.

GuyWalker1219 said:
JAR said:
Nice work!
I've never had the kind of growth I get under these ToaTronic LED's. Crazy but true China Cheap LED's really work well how long they will last now thats the real question.

Who cares! If it lasts 3 years (through the warranty) you are way ahead of the cost to run and replace MH.
150 bucks! buy another one. :)

JAR said:
GuyWalker1219 said:
JAR said:
Nice work!

Who cares! If it lasts 3 years (through the warranty) you are way ahead of the cost to run and replace MH.
150 bucks! buy another one. :)
My thoughts exactly.

Back