Kessil

Swap Favorites

patchin

Supporting Member
What's the favorite frag you got at the swap? Mine was a Green Apple Birdsnest from Felicia. The name might be wrong. Very nice.

Rainbow Acans (forgot who it came from)
Green Sinularia (forgot who it came from)
Pink, Green & Gold Zoas/Palys? from SFSUphysics

Couldn't pick one favorite so I had to list my 3 favorites out of the 9 I brought home :D

Pretty pink princess sparkle zoa from SFSUphysics was nicely covered plug and wow these thing just POP under my leds they are so bright. Thx !

Second choice was unnamed person in styrofome cup named ring of fire.

swap went so fast and I had hard time to see eveything cuz I couldnt move around eveyone in my wheelhair but still was a great experience. And happy with what I chose.

HiFidelity said:

Couldn't pick one favorite so I had to list my 3 favorites out of the 9 I brought home :D

I got some of these also they are big and bright and was lots of poloyps. I put them into 2 tanks. Actualy all of their frags were like small colony and contributed alot thanks SFSUphysics.

patchin said:
What's the favorite frag you got at the swap? Mine was a Green Apple Birdsnest from Felicia. The name might be wrong. Very nice.
That was one of mine! Glad to hear you like it! I actually got a frag of it from a local reefer/BAR member about a year ago and its grown out to a pretty good sized colony in my tank. Its a super fast grower. Here's a photo I took recently of part of the mother colony so you can see what it looks like when it grow out.
IMG_0478Edit_zps67dfdb17.jpg

My favorite frag from the swap was labeled "Purple Tip Acro". I'm don't know who its from. Here's a photo.
IMG_0611Edit_zpsc744593c.jpg

I also really love the Iron Man Lithophyllon I got from Sfork through DBTC.
IMG_0632Edit_zps9452d3d1.jpg

pinner said:
HiFidelity said:

I got some of these also they are big and bright and was lots of poloyps. I put them into 2 tanks. Actualy all of their frags were like small colony and contributed alot thanks SFSUphysics.

Be VERY careful about where you put them, they do have weed-like growing properties, I literally fragged the entire rock I had for the swap, there's like a few polyps left... I know they'll come back. Also you do need to light them pretty good, I noticed ones that get shaded tend to be ugly brown with no color.

Thanks for that contribution Mike, it's sitting on my frag rack right now and I'm going to glue it to a bigger rock which I will epoxy in place later, I like to do this so I can move things around & re-frag if it looks like things are going to get out of control :)

Back