got ethical husbandry?

A Big Thank You from your friends at ManhattanReefs

Hey Everyone, I finally recovered enough from our crazy event yesterday to muster the strength to thank your amazing club for your donations. As Rich and Gresham will attest, MR events are quite different from BAR events so I'm not sure we are going to be able to track what went where as accurately as you might be used to. The short version goes like this--- with Rich's help we chose 5 or 6 pieces as entries in our fund raising auction. Another 10 or so went to MR members that sent stuff your way, or to noted aquarists like Sanjay or Joe Yaiullo from Atlantis Marine World. The rest are still in my care awaiting distribution. I tried to keep track as best I could of who got what, but the list is a bit sketchy to say the least. Here's what I've got:

Becker Tort--Shaun W.
False Aqua Delight-- Joe Y. --Atlantis marine World
Purple haze(iani)-- Joe Y. AMW
Purple haze--- Shaun W.
Purple Deepwater--- Sanjay
LE blue Chalice--- tosiek
Flower Petal Monti-Auction
Blue Cespitularia--Auction
Blue Lava ---Auction
Tonga Superman--Auction
Underooos Favia-- Bad Coffee
Calfo Pulsing Sinularia--- Bad Coffee

It was a crazy fun event. Thanks so much.

Randy

Any chance you can start a message in your club forum to have people pipe in if they got BAR stuff? Of course I don't know if you had them in labeled containers to even tell if it was BAR stuff.

What a great event - totally different from our swaps. I was comparing it to a flea market. No judgement, just different! Totally fun though, and some great stuff and people.
The coolest thing was the Randy got soup containers instead of the deli containers we got - the lids don't come off! I shipped some corals back in the soup containers instead of bags, and had no problems.
Again great event - more when I ain't trashed! :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3637.msg41967#msg41967 date=1209478788]
Any chance you can start a message in your club forum to have people pipe in if they got BAR stuff? Of course I don't know if you had them in labeled containers to even tell if it was BAR stuff.

[/quote]I already did, it sounds like there was too much madness to track anything

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3637.msg41971#msg41971 date=1209482238]

I already did, it sounds like there was too much madness to track anything
[/quote]

MADNESS??? THIS IS BARTA!!!!

I updated a few things--- trying my best. The 4 auctioned items will be hard to track, but the things listed here plus what is still in my care seems to cover everything.

Oh ok, so the members listed above went to those who sent us stuff? Gotcha, I don't recall seeing "Bad Coffee" or Shawn W. on the frags sent to us, but that being said maybe they used different names :D

We are trying to make sure that all the people that sent you frags get some in return, but we only sent you 14-15 pieces and you sent us 42!!!! Consequently, we are also getting some of them into the hands of additional capable members who understand what our two groups are trying to accomplish and give them the best chance for survival and subsequent paying forward. This is admittedly an undemocratic process, but given the way MR operates there really is no other choice.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3637.msg41980#msg41980 date=1209486659]
Oh ok, so the members listed above went to those who sent us stuff? Gotcha, I don't recall seeing "Bad Coffee" or Shawn W. on the frags sent to us, but that being said maybe they used different names :D

[/quote]

You actually know bad Coffee Mike but I'll let you figure out his RDO name :D One hint, IIRC he was part of the clown crowd ;)

[quote author=prattreef link=topic=3637.msg41985#msg41985 date=1209488086]
We are trying to make sure that all the people that sent you frags get some in return, but we only sent you 14-15 pieces and you sent us 42!!!! Consequently, we are also getting some of them into the hands of additional capable members who understand what our two groups are trying to accomplish and give them the best chance for survival and subsequent paying forward. This is admittedly an undemocratic process, but given the way MR operates there really is no other choice.
[/quote]

Randy I think you guys did a very good job of getting the frags out. There are still a bunch in the tank and I am more then sure you will get those into peoples hands. It was our first time and now we see the kinks that need to get ironed out. No biggy :) Best trip to NY yet I tell yah, amazing swap and a damn good group of people!!!

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3637.msg41988#msg41988 date=1209491681]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3637.msg41980#msg41980 date=1209486659]

[/quote]

You actually know bad Coffee Mike but I'll let you figure out his RDO name :D One hint, IIRC he was part of the clown crowd ;)
[/quote]
Great, now I have to think about everyone on RDO.. the place where it seems most people change their name on a yearly basis.

But cool, if I figure it out, I hope he/she takes pictures of the favia, I'm really curious to how it does in other tanks under other conditions, etc. The Tort? Meh, it'll grow branchy, it'll stay blue might turn green near the basis depending upon lighting, etc etc etc :D

He has never changed his name. Many elderly yell his name when they win ;)

Back