High Tide Aquatics

Eddie's purple monster

Picked up the frag from Ian the other day. What a visit, we fragged a australian scoly, I got the DBTC-X coral, and he sent me home with two more frags....what a great visit! I look forward to placing this coral back into the DBTC...Thanks Ian

two month update on this piece...its a slow grower, with a whopping 1/8" of growth to the length, and the base puddling up on the plug....The second nub forming at the base of it, needs calipers to determine any growth.
It will be a 2010 DBTC return at this rate..lol
IMG_5602.jpg

The coral is actually a little darker than in the pic, but still a lighter shade of purple.

fishez4alivin said:
I'm thinking about returning this coral, all it's done is encrust the plug, nothing more....I cant get it to grow :(

It takes a while after it encrusts before it starts to take off IME, once it does it's still a slow grower.

Yep. It takes a long long time to grow. I have the original piece that I got almost a year ago that is only in the last 3 months or so started to both take off and get it coloration (and SPS tends to grow very quickly in my tank). Don't fret it will get there.

Back