got ethical husbandry?

Steinhart Aquarium Tour

Good news bad news... my son the chief reefer was selected to sing in a show on 5/12... so we will honor this commitment and cancel our 3 spots for this tour. Great news for the next 3 on the list. Enjoy.

Bob

If Denzil and I could go, we would love too, but as I am posting a little late, it's totally understandable if not. =) Sometimes this comes up for me, and sometimes it doesn't and since it did, I wanted to post LoL

FYI guys, not sure where your tour will take you, but I'd advise taking some ear plugs with you and putting them in if you ever go near the pump room. It's posted that you're supposed to have hearing protection in there, however the last one I went to we just walked on in :D

gimmito said:
Brandie,

You guys are next if anybody bows out. :)

Hehe thanks. =) Again sorry such late notice, I had to keep logging back in and out for it to show up? Haha, it wouldn't show up anywhere else for me. Denzil said that even if we don't get in, we could buy tickets to go to the aquarium. What a n00b thing to think, but I thought the Monterey Bay Aquarium was the only aquarium on the West Coast. Seeing a new aquarium would be refreshing. ^.^

sfsuphysics said:
FYI guys, not sure where your tour will take you, but I'd advise taking some ear plugs with you and putting them in if you ever go near the pump room. It's posted that you're supposed to have hearing protection in there, however the last one I went to we just walked on in :D

Eh? what did you say?

The MBA is a fine aquarium, but in no way the only good one on the coast. The new and improved Steinhart is looking excellent after some hiccups early on. The Birch Aquarium at Scripps in San Diego is small, but has some good tanks. Also check out the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach if you're ever in the area. I haven't been, but I also hear good things about the Oregon Coast Aquarium.

Just a reminder to purchase your tickets if you haven't done so. We will be meeting at the T-rex skeleton first thing when you come in the door at 10am sharp.

Back