Kessil

Steinhart Aquarium Tour

Oops, I don't know how that happened. The third pic from the end - with all the plumbing - is actually a pic of Gimmito's garage!

:)

And the one with the 'venomous animal' sign is a 'KritterTank' from Gen W. How cool is that?

yardartist said:
The frag tank is looking great. Are there fish cleaning up the algae or is that all hand work?

Thanks Richard. There are 2 yellow tangs and one purple tang, but the tipping point came when I added a rabbit fish, Siganus guttatus I think.

I took a ton of pictures. The ones I got of the behind scenes portion of the tour weren't that great. My lens isn't really great for capturing a lot of stuff in a confined room :( So I have a couple photos of the top portion of the big ass skimmers etc. I think the photos everyone else posted was better suited to showing what those rooms looked like :D

Here are some of my favorite shots, and a link to the photos I took.
IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

Erick,

Nice pics. Are you using a Macro lens?

I especially like the leafy sea dragon.

I followed the photobucket link and got to some postage stamp sized pics. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You just have to click on a picture to see them larger.

My lens is a 50mm prime with a raynox 250 macro lens attachment. Nothing special, actually pretty affordable.

Looks like the link Erick gave us sometimes thinks we are mobile users; On the bottom says switch to full site allows to view pics in full size.

I used to want a 100mm Weather Resistant Macro; Instead Snagged My Pentax Fa 50mm Macro used off eBay for $80; Since it's was so cheap I just treat it like WR lens and is holding up like one ... Thought I had some extra clip on close up filter's and raynox I don't need but looks like they may have been lost since ...

I thought the pink skunks where especially cute ...
IMGP8497.jpg

aqua-nut --- why not just make a smaller reef pond next to the freshwater; use the freshwater pond to chill it in the summer; say 4ft x 6ft x 2ft :p
http://www.tsekoi.com/ponds/laguna.html
or maybe just a 4ft x 4ft x 16" shallow cube tank outside ...

I took a lot of shots of the cuttlefish. When I got to the display tank they had just started tangling tentacles. I tried getting my camera ready to take pics then they let go :( But they were nice enough to stick around, change colors, get close and stop moving long enough for me to put my macro lens on and take some nice shots. So all in all it was good. I was really pleased how some of the sea dragon shots came out. I had my iso up too high for the first few photos. All of the photos I took were in manual mode, and I had to manually focus and adjust the camera position. Luckily a lot of shots worked. I just missed a butterfly which bummed me out.

Back