High Tide Aquatics

BAR members only frag swap September 8, 2012

Yes fun swap, always nice to reconnect with old friends, see new people, just shoot the shit that sort of thing.

Also fun to open up corals that are labeled one thing and are actually another, I picked up some "Rasta" zoas, which look awfully like those yellow parazonathids hurray! :D

oh and I ate one of the tuna sandwiches and didn't get food poisoning... yet :D

Nice turnout today. Fun catching up with folks and seeing new faces. Big thanks for everyone who volunteered and made it a successful swap !

Vincerama2 said:
bondolo said:
Argggh! I will be missing this for my wife's birthday weekend. We will be seeing Styx so that's some consolation.

Awesome! Is Larry Gowan still the (replacement) lead singer? I saw in in concert when he was billed as "Gowan" in the 80's!

Yes, he is still the replacement lead and he was great. I had seen him as "Gowan in the 80's in Canada as well. They didn't play "Criminal Mind" on Thursday (Styx recorded a version in 2007) but did give a bit of a wink to it in the second song.

Vincerama2 said:
I hope you guys are ready for some of "Vinceramas stupid stupid green and purple ricordias that he hates and brings to every swap meeting"!

Also every mushroom in my tank will be shovelled into a "free for all" bucket.

I have some of those and love them. I appreciate that you are willing to contribute them every time around even as a non-swap item. They are one of the three corals from my tank I give to anyone starting a new tank.

Mike

Nice relaxed event. Good seeing the oldtimers and the newer folks as well.

If anybody has questions about corals they brought home, please post them here.

People will do their best to help!

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Here's a link to the limited photos I took. I possibly could have taken more but I was busy manning the registration table and the BAR goodies. :)

http://denzil.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=25268884&AlbumKey=ZptCV5

Thank you to all that attended, and special thanks to all the volunteers who contributed their time and resources. Special thanks to Steve/Patchin for securing the venue and David/Lattehiatus for taking on the BOD pointman role, both in bringing the majority of the club supplies and organizing lunch.

Everywhere I looked I could see people having fun. IMO that's the point!

Special thanks to all the members who put in their time and effort to make this a successful swap! You guys deserve a generous round of applause.

aqua-nut
Cookiejar
denzil
dswong01
Dudley
fingerwrinkles
Goldielocke76
houser
Mr. Ugly
patchin
Piper
rtom
rygh
sendo
sfsuphysics
tankguy

And of course, it wouldn't be much of a swap if we didn't have the participation of all the members who brought corals and help support BAR's mission to propagate marine organisms - kudos! As always, please practice safe swapping and dip everything. ;)

Back