Reef nutrition

PLEASE RSVP - Jan. 12th - BAR Potluck & DIY LED Workshop @ 1:00pm

2manyhobbies said:
I will make as many as my budget will allow, but I am not making 120 or even 180. Somebody needs to fill in the entree area.

We were just kidding. Any amount is fine (as long as I get some!). The mention of good food starts a frenzy. Like great whites around a wounded seal!
(cue theme from 'Jaws')

Also note that making one per person does get a bit silly because you assume each person is going to take "one serving" of each entree which is just not true. More likely than not people will take half a serving or less.

My aunt's motto for feeding people at parties "You never know who'll show up so always good to have extras"
My motto for feeding people at parties "If you show up late you get less" :D

sfsuphysics said:
I'll bring an entree, not sure if I'll do chili again though, I go with dried beans and last time I used my black beans I soaked them for a full day and that still didn't soften them up. I'll be sure no one else is signed up to bring what I'll bring. Maybe I'll just bring a beef stew and leave it at that :D

Use RODI or a little kalk in the mix, trust me on this one :)

works for me Steve, no chili then :D

That was actually the last thing I tried to make with the beans, unfortunately I totally goofed the recipe and forgot that dried beans swelled quite a bit when you soak them where as the recipe called for canned beans, so I basically make soupy chili :D

Looks like my Wife, Kids, and I will be there.

We will most likely bring my homemade chili since I just went and picked up all the stuff for it.

2manyhobbies said:
I will make as many as my budget will allow, but I am not making 120 or even 180. Somebody needs to fill in the entree area.

I have been to all the club potlucks and hosted some potluck at our tank tours. I would say make a dozen or two, but that would be fine. just cut them up. we usually have a bunch of food left over.

Ok the wife has volunteered to make ice cream, Fluffernutter as per Humphry Slocombe's recipe.

Going to get it done today, and hopefully my freezer will freeze it into a solid brick, then by the time it gets enjoyed hopefully it won't be terribly soupy ... we'll see if it is, then you can have fluffernutter milkshakes :D FYI there won't be a huge amount of it either, maybe a quart or so, so no making massive sundaes :D

I have never heard of fluffernutter. Google points to some strange things (as usual), including a ffn fried sandwich!

I'm getting there early just to try the ffn!

If the weather stays the same you won't need the freezer or have any worries about melting in transit.

patrickb said:
I'm in! Just got clearance from the tower (wife). Anything I can bring? I could bring a bunch of soft drinks and water.
Patrick

That is perfect, thanks Patrick!

Looks like we are pretty much set, although any additional foods from last-minute participants would be cream on top. On Saturday come hungry, come on time, and come ready to do a little DIY! :D

Back