Jestersix

Old member returning to the fold...

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop a post to say hello. I used to be very active three or four years ago, but after a couple of bad tank crashes took a little 'breather' for the past few years. Have kept my tank in maintenance mode, but lost quite a few of my really nice pieces.

In any event, I'm gearing back up and looking to bring my tank back to it's former glory. New Reeflo pump, new kalk setup, cleaned up the powerheads, put in a couple online orders, etc. etc.

Would love to check on some of my old DBTC threads to see if any of my old pieces are still around!

Just paid up dues, so hopefully will see some of you at the next meeting. :)

Jason "Eight"

Glad to see your post, Jason.
I always like reading your anemone thread. Hope you still have some of those anemones around (IIRC, you have some of the nicest bubble tips out there).

Unfortunately, as Patrickb sadly remembers I'm sure, my tank got a very mysterious BTA disease which resulted in all of my BTAs dying except for a particular strain of old red/green BTA. It was really discouraging and probably the biggest reason I decided to take a break. :p

Hey Mike! :p Hahaha.. yeah I suppose my tank had become a bit of a 'Darwinian' experiment. Only the toughest 'nems survive!

Hey Jason, welcome back! Glad to have you back active with the group. Just out of curiosity, were the surving nems of the strain you got from me? I know one of them (the lemonish rainbow) didn't make it, but way beck when I recall that one or two of the others had survived the initial onslaught of mystery BTA pox.

Hey Jason, welcome back! Glad to have you back active with the group. Just out of curiosity, were the surving nems of the strain you got from me? I know one of them (the lemonish rainbow) didn't make it, but way beck when I recall that one or two of the others had survived the initial onslaught of mystery BTA pox.

Unfortunately not. I think the only ones that survived were all 'Colorado Sunbursts", but honesty they look more like red/green BTAs rather than that firey orange look. It was pretty sad because I some really nice ones and they all slowly withered away over the course of two to three months. :/

I'm actually on the lookout for one of the Green/Purple Dolphin Pet Village BTAs. I DBTC'd one of 'em a while ago, will dig that thread up to see if the lineage is still around.

Jason!!! Welcome back man! What happened to the YoYo hobby? Did one hit you in the head and forced you to come back to reefing? Hahaha

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! @robert... I still have the yoyo hobby, but i've toned it down a bit. I kinda mastered the whole anodizing aluminum thing and the fumes were getting to me, so I decided to come back to reefing. Amazingly, yoyos were almost as expensive as reefing (believe it or not), so hopefully it'll be a net neutral for me financially. :p

@robin, thanks alot! that was one of my favorite nems, so would love to bring it back to my tank. Just let me know how much I owe you. :)

BTW, if anyone is interested in what I've been doing the past two three years, check this out:

http://www.loadedyoyos.com

Wow. Sorry for the noob question. So you use 2 stick and a rope to kind of roll this yoyo, correct? Kind of like the one they perform on cirque du soleil?

Wow. Sorry for the noob question. So you use 2 stick and a rope to kind of roll this yoyo, correct? Kind of like the one they perform on cirque du soleil?

Nope. You play with these yoyos just like a regular old school yoyo. No sticks. Just a string on your finger. Like this:

Back