Our mission

testing of LFS RO water. check it out.

Our replacement 4 stage gets here in a couple days. i ran out of top off and needed RO bad. between our 29 and 90, we lose a gallon a day to evap. I first went to All About Fish and bought 5 gallons. the water tested at 18ppm on my very reliable hanna combo (one of 2 i own). then the scary part started. get ready for this. I talked to the guy at concord aquarium, who had said that he was using a 4 stage coralife RO/DI, and had 'just' changed his filters for his RO system...I tested the water and it came out at 178ppm. his pre-filter is a solid rust color. i told him that i cant use the water. just a heads up to the LFS' around here. I will check ur water. dont be lazy please. thats a really good way to kill someones tank and lose ur business. thank god for a reliable/portable meter. the owner of concord aquarium has no business trying to keep any sort of fish, ever. if u are in the area and buy RO from these
guys, stop. how do you slack on something with that much of a profit margin? tell ya what, if u are in the concord area and buy RO I will sell u water and donate all excess procedes after wear and tear for 25 cents a gallon. pick up only, will be under 5 tds. PMs welcome.

Last edited:
should have gone to jess in the first place. just got our new system, 1ppm. yay! if anyone needs water in an emergency let me know. we are in concord.

0 TDS from a RO/DI unit, $150. Sh@# eating grin after testing with a meter calibrated at 989 PPM and getting a 0 reading, priceless. my old reference meter may be for sale or trade soon. I would also consider donating it to the club in exchange for 2013 and 2014s dues...let me make sure it is still accurate first. Its a black TDs, ms, pH, temp calibrated, HI98129.

the pH electrode is shot. this meter was my reference meter for 7 years. it hasnt been calibrated in a year. it has been stored and rinsed properly for the entire time. check out how close it is after a year of sitting in ref. solution(changed every week =D). im shocked, these meters can swing 300 in a week either way. calibrate, rinse, rinse, rinse, store properly, win.

Attachments

• IMG_20131009_014259_646.jpg
    IMG_20131009_014259_646.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 209
the pH electrode is shot. this meter was my reference meter for 7 years. it hasnt been calibrated in a year. it has been stored and rinsed properly for the entire time. check out how close it is after a year of sitting in ref. solution(changed every week =D)

Back