Cali Kid Corals

Rose bubble tip anemone

New to the group and not sure where to ask this. I have had a RBTA that has split 4 times and i just don't have room for them. How do i get them off the rocks they are on? One rock I can take out of tank if need be, other one is on a rock that can't be removed. I have tried powerhead, hanging it upside down and ice cubes. Any other ideas?

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

My RBTA has its leg stuck under a a large rock and it will extend and surface wherever it pleases without moving. So, I got it to move by placing objects where it liked to pop out (a bunch of chaeto) so it had no option but to move locations.
I’d point some nice flow at it to force it to move over some period of time. A power head is pretty nasty. A Koralia or something similar should do the trick. They can be stubborn like the rest of us but it will move.

I have used ice cubes on the foot with gentle massaging to get a few loose. I had to hang a rock over a bucket to get one nem off. All are still alive.

Clarification: when I do this, I expect the anemone to move to another rock. I don’t sit there and watch it. It can take up to a day for the anemone to move but it eventually does. In my experience, the anemones liked moving to a nearby place where the flow is not so high. I had some 1.5 inch PVC pipes nearby and it moved nicely into it. It may also work for you. Or place some other item(s) nearby that it can attach itself to so that you can remove it.

Unless you are in desperate need for the anemone to move, take your time.

Clarification: when I do this, I expect the anemone to move to another rock. I don’t sit there and watch it. It can take up to a day for the anemone to move but it eventually does. In my experience, the anemones liked moving to a nearby place where the flow is not so high. I had some 1.5 inch PVC pipes nearby and it moved nicely into it. It may also work for you. Or place some other item(s) nearby that it can attach itself to so that you can remove it.

Unless you are in desperate need for the anemone to move, take your time.
Thank u for all the info, it has been 4 days it has not moved. In my 25 gallon another one split.. not sure what else to try.

That is a stubborn anemone and admittedly happy anemone. Maybe you should consider keeping it and planning around it. :cool:
Other than that, I don't know of other gentle steps to get it to move. Maybe covering it (which may not work if it extends around whatever you place to cover it). Good luck.

It took one ice cube and a small gap on foot and then I started to massage it and it let go. Didn't think about using a ro ice cube, the ice cube came from a bag of ice from a store. Maybe I should have a couple trays of RO/DI cubes, never thought about it.
It didn't take but maybe 10 mins or so.

If the rock can be taken out of the tank, I will chip the rock away with a chisel.
Using the corner of a credit card to "encourage" the foot off, can help too. By "encourage" I mean gently peel off the rock. Maybe sure you put the RBTA back into the tank in a ventilated container so it can recover from the abuse in a familiar setting.

Was wondering what u guys thought would be a fair price for these items...

zebudave.jpg

a6ygepez.jpg

uju6u8an.jpg

Back