Our mission

Eheims available locally?

My Mag 9.5 had a heart attack last night -- it was working fine when I fed the tank, and when I walked by 20 minutes later it was just done.

So whenever these threads come up, most folks sing the praises of Eheim. I was looking at replacing it with the 1262, which seems to have a similar flow rate. Does that sound reasonable and is there anyone around here who keeps Eheims in stock?

I can get by for a few days without the sump I'm sure but I'd rather not be waiting on a mail order before I can put my setup back together.

[quote author=iani link=topic=3991.msg47453#msg47453 date=1214585810]
I know Chris at aquatic central has some carries some ehiem pumps.
[/quote]Second that, I'm 99% he has a 1262 right now, you won't regret it they are fantastic pumps!

Absolutely wonderful pumps - just replaced out a cracked Quiet One 6000 with an Eheim 1262

Luv it.

and yes there are quite a few SF sponsors that should have the pump in stock

Thanks -- I just talked to Aquatic Central and they're out of stock but possibly getting an order in later today -- he says they've been backordered for a couple of weeks now. Bummer.

Well that's a theory I'm working on too -- it's definitely calcified and I have it soaking in a vinegar bath today to see if I can loosen it up. But it doesn't make any sound or other indication when I plug it in and I guess I was expecting to hear the motor struggling or something if it was strictly due to calcium.

Back