Neptune Aquatics

Frag Swap labels - QR codes test.

I hope this works out, because it was a major PITA to make 21 frag labels. Very few are WYSIWYG, I quickly found out trying to keep track of which QR code belong to which frag was an act of madness, as a result most are a picture of the "mother colony" or a representation of the coral (i.e. a picture of a different frag of the same coral).

Well, while it was a neat idea, overall it was a colossal failure. Before the frag swap started I watched a few people try it out, one person it went instantly without any real input other than moving it near the code, others had to line it up perfectly, then it gave them a link they had to tap, others it just took too long.

Either way I saw zero people try it during the swap even after they were done, seems like mentality of getting corals is a very primal instinct :D People either are happy with descriptions, or just didn't care. Needless to say I won't be doing this again as it was too much effort for zero return.

As a child I thought that we'd have holograms by now! What a crock. :p

Thanks for the trial, Mike. Perhaps QR codes work better for the preview period before the swapping officially commences.

Back