Jestersix

Bluprntguy's ADA Nano

Nice setup!
Good growth. Looks like a few corals are really taking over. Time to frag.

Just paint the power cord white.

Diggin that enclosure! I would look into the white wiring covering like they have at most hardware store
Good idea. I'll check it out next time I'm at Lowe's and see if it will do the trick.

Nice setup!
Good growth. Looks like a few corals are really taking over. Time to frag.

Just paint the power cord white.

The spongodes is definitely getting too big and needs to be fragged down. I think I already have a few frags of that in my sump though. I guess it might become a DBTC coral soon...

I am having some issues with the color of my frag of "Incredible Hulk" from ATL. Made a seperate thread: http://www.bareefers.org/forum/inde...hulk-acro-incredibly-green.15997/#post-242891

Sweet shot!
Thanks!

New guy in quaratine. I'm not entirely convinced he's going in the main tank since he's pretty shy and seems to hate any flow. As soon as he senses any water movement, he plasters himself to the ground. The video is with all the pumps off and I still had to coax him out of hiding by taking away his PVC hiding place and filling the tank with baby brine shrimp.

ORA seems to be shipping these guys really young. He's only been eating baby brine shrimp and Iwasn't set up to hatch enough to keep him fed. I found some of the Ocean Nutrition baby brine shrimp in a jar today, and of course, it looked like he was finally eating OVA tonight.

Looking good! Nice fish additions, too. Will be interesting to see how the Assessor settles in.
Thanks. Your tank is awesome, btw.

He definitely swims funny, LoL.
he's a goofy swimmer, wish he'd do more of it!

The assessor has decided to settle into a PVC pipe in the quarantine. I haven't seen him out of that since I took the video a week or so ago. I think the lack of rock work in the quarantine tank freaks him out. I can pick up the PVC and he will stay inside, so it should make it easier to transfer him to the display. He needs to be eating Cyclopeeze consistently before he goes anywhere. I've seen him take a few nibbles, but he definitely favors the live baby brine.

That said, my watchman goby in the display tank used to stay pretty much in one place, but he's been wandering around for the last week and hogging all the caves. I'm a little worried that the assessor and watchman aren't going to get along now. Perhaps an excuse for a new tank build...

Last edited:
Moved the Randall's Assessor over to the main tank last weekend. He hid for a day or so, but then came out. I noticed a bump near his right eye the first day. I thought it might be ich that I missed in quarantine, but it looks more like a pimple. A week later and it's still there, but much less bumpy. I did see him run into the acan a few times, so it might be a sting from that. I figured he wedged himself into a rock when he was hiding and he could have scraped up against any number of things (including insane amounts of aiptasia) I didn't want to tear the reef apart to get him back out, so I figured I'd just monitor him. He eats like a pig, so I haven't been too concerned so far. Anyone have any thoughts?

He seems to like the new digs. He's picked a spot near the rock where I put him in at. He's met the Watchman Goby and they don't really seem at all concerned about each other. He's done a little exploring going from one side of the cave to the other side, but he's probably only seen 50% of the tank at most. I thought he might hide a lot, so it's nice that he's almost always out swimming.

He's a totally different color in this tank than he ever was in quarantine. In quarantine he looked carolina blue with ruby blue accents. Now he's all dark dark blue. Really weird.

In other news, 4 large berghia are in the tank. Hoping that they lay waste to the aiptasia problem. I also ordered some berghia eggs, so those are in a container floating in the sump. We'll see how it goes...

you have to take photos if you ever see that assessor swimming upside-down under your overhangs! and your landscape is gorgeous for such a small tank!

Thanks so much! He swam upside down in the quaratine, but he's been right-side up since I got him into the DT. I'll definitely take some videos if he starts swimming upside down again. He seems to be getting more comfortable in the tank.

Last edited:
Back