Reef nutrition

[Feb 8, 2014] 2014 BAR Members Only Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

The tread should say "Supporting Member" only right? Anyways I think my label says Volunteer....how do I know if I am expired?
Did you pay this year? If not, you expired since all memberships now run from January to January and not 12 months from when you paid.

Durwin, best bet is to give it to a club member before hand to hack it up that way it can heal up before being distributed.

IIRC, no fragging has ever been done at a swap (well past the first swap that is outside Tropical Paradise(??) way back in the day.

Would anyone be willing to swing by my place to pick up the MH chalice to hack-up and donate to the swap? I live in SF near AT&T Park.

So was there ever a decision on who can attend? Like do you have to have participated in at least one meeting in past year or something?

I find that if you don't a lot of non attendees and non-contributors come out of the woodworks to take advantage of generosity of others.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't access for sale threads if you haven't paid for membership for the year yet.

How does one know if they've paid their membership dues for the year? There's no notification whatsoever...

Oh, and beware of the 'auto-renew' feature that's automatically enabled when renewing your membership via PayPal.

Last edited:
I could look this up but, what the hell, just going from memory!

For most members the year starts in January because that was the old way. If you joined in July your dues were renewable again in January.

Sometime last year it became possible to join anytime and pay for 12 months. For those newer members, dues run for 12 months from whenever they join. So now if you join in July your dues will be, well, due in July 12 months hence.

Is it clear now? o_O :p :D

Would anyone be willing to swing by my place to pick up the MH chalice to hack-up and donate to the swap? I live in SF near AT&T Park.
I see no one said anything, but if you want I can grab it and mount a bunch of frags I have a ton of frag plugs I just don't use very often. I work nights Tues through Thursday but other times I'm usually free, shoot me a PM and we'll sort this out.

John - can you check me....I know if it says supporting member you are paid up...mine says volunteer, so can you confirm mine.

Not sure if this helps Arnold, but when I click on my username at the very top of the page and go to "Account upgrades" there's a date on there that says when it expires, for me January 2015.

I'd like to suggest that ... OK, even if the ineligible corals shouldn't be included in the "three different strains" criteria, that if people have them and want to share them, then they should go ahead and do so, and place them on the "newbie table"

Or have an "untouchables" category in the swap area, and instead of "pick one" per round, we have "pick one + an untouchable if you want per round".

Mostly, I wouldn't mind some xenia and sort of miss seeing them at the swaps! They are always a newbie crowd pleaser!

If I can convince my wife to let me cut the chunk we have, I'll bring you some.

The frag should have a warning label more dire than the one on a pack of cigs! Mine hasn't gotten out of hand yet. I've only had it three months!

John - can you check me....I know if it says supporting member you are paid up...mine says volunteer, so can you confirm mine.

You asking me, Arnold? I have no special powers on BAR. I did look up the post lattehiatus posted:
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/index.php?threads/renewing-2014-membership.16158/

It explains the basics.

There's also:
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-pay-for-membership-dues.16152/#post-244365

I have no idea what status 'volunteer' is. Perhaps there is a BOD member reading that would explain?

Back