Jestersix

[Jun 14, 2014] June BAR Meeting (Hayward, CA)

I totally agree that Steve Robinsons actions in the past have left a black mark on the hobby. However, Steve is still a great guy who has gone to great lengths to promote sustainable collection of fish. Steve has also travelled the world and saved many lives by coaching inexperienced divers on proper diving practices. Although Steve may have participated in smuggling Clipperton angels, he paid his dues and has done a lot for the hobby by promoting net collection as opposed to cyanide. Baja Reef is a great place to shop for affordable rare fish. Ive spent a lot of time at his shop talking to him directly and he can offer a great perspective on the hobby(just be prepared to talk to him for awhile ;). The shop is a bit rough around the edges but he takes great pride in offering some of the healthiest specimens in the area and provides great advice on fish husbandry. Beleive in forgiveness and Please don't dismiss this shop for some mistakes he's made in the past.

also, Aquatic Collection has some serious fire right now! And they have some awesome rare fish too! And if you're up for the drive Neptune Aquatics isn't too far either and we give a BAR discount as well! ;)

I totally agree that Steve Robinsons actions in the past have left a black mark on the hobby. However, Steve is still a great guy who has gone to great lengths to promote sustainable collection of fish. Steve has also travelled the world and saved many lives by coaching inexperienced divers on proper diving practices. Although Steve may have participated in smuggling Clipperton angels, he paid his dues and has done a lot for the hobby by promoting net collection as opposed to cyanide. Baja Reef is a great place to shop for affordable rare fish. Ive spent a lot of time at his shop talking to him directly and he can offer a great perspective on the hobby(just be prepared to talk to him for awhile ;). The shop is a bit rough around the edges but he takes great pride in offering some of the healthiest specimens in the area and provides great advice on fish husbandry. Beleive in forgiveness and Please don't dismiss this shop for some mistakes he's made in the past.

also, Aquatic Collection has some serious fire right now! And they have some awesome rare fish too! And if you're up for the drive Neptune Aquatics isn't too far either and we give a BAR discount as well! ;)

Well at least in this case it sounds like he has done a lot of good things but got caught up in one bad thing.

The owner of Swc has a bit of a history with shady dealings and behaviour....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

super awesome meeting Felicia, it was really fun to have a more relaxed personal meeting. Loved it lots, plus my wife enjoyed it too :)
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear you all enjoyed it. I figured we'd try something new, be social, eat some good food, and get our hands dirty. I'm going to count it a success if the wife even enjoyed it! :)

I just want to say thank you to everyone for making this such a fun BAR meeting! There was soooo much yummy food and you were all so amazingly helpful with cleanup afterwards! You all definitely made this run very smoothly. I hope you all enjoy your frozen food!

Also a big thanks to all our LFS sponsors for donations! They are always so generous with supporting BAR, so please remember to support them in return :)

Thanks, Felicia, for putting this together and running around collecting everything we needed!! I had a great time and will think of you every time I feed my tank!
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! You were a HUGE help today. You definitely deserve a ton of the credit for the meeting running smoothly!

Back