Cali Kid Corals

tuxedo urchin is blending in

my tuxedo urchin has begun blending into my tank by using coral camo.......arrrghhh

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

i had to take back my micro frag but he can keep the zoos :D

Yup they'll do that, mine had an entire anthelia toupee that he kept for quite a few months, it actually grew on top of him before I eventually removed it.

i bought two of them in order to clean up my rocks....i placed both on rocks at opposite ends of tank, one cleans rocks all day long ;D but the other moved on to tank glass and cruises up , down , on bottom of overflow....never on the lr ???

i have not been stung by these (as of yet) but i did have a bad sting by a longspine urchine (now lives in my sump)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4222.msg50786#msg50786 date=1217656728]
glue some GSP to that sucker and it will be covered in a month ;D ..
[/quote]

HAHAHA

How big is your tank? I have 2 in my 100g tank, and I have the feeling they're the reason coraline algae doesn't grow on my rocks much at all yet grows like crazy all over the acrylic. Also one in my 120g soft tank, same deal there, except that tank has corals growing on most surfaces so not a big deal.

So yeah they might seem small, but they do get around and can eat.

i have a 100 gal ......but i spoke too soon, as of now the urchin that was on the glass (for weeks) is now on live rock ;D and right next to my joker palys >:(.

well i'm off to take soccor pics with one of my daughters so i'll see if this one chooses a joker paly camo.

I've noticed that they prefer eating coraline off the rocks than the glass/acrylic.

Yes, they seem to prefer coraline over other kinds of algae.

Best of luck,

Roy

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4222.msg50822#msg50822 date=1217704497]
How big is your tank? I have 2 in my 100g tank, and I have the feeling they're the reason coraline algae doesn't grow on my rocks much at all yet grows like crazy all over the acrylic. Also one in my 120g soft tank, same deal there, except that tank has corals growing on most surfaces so not a big deal.

So yeah they might seem small, but they do get around and can eat.

[/quote]

Back