Neptune Aquatics

Looking for Green Mandarin. Store recommendations?

Im going to try my luck and get a green mandarin for my tank. Anyone here have experiences with them? Also where is a reliable store/person to buy one?

Baja Reefs is getting a shipment in soon. I wonder if its better to buy the fish as its in the bag instead of letting them out it in their tanks.

Reefraft is an ORA distributor. You could call them and see if they can order a captive raised one for you from ORA. Since your tank is relatively small, one raised on frozen food and pellets is probably a better choice than a wild caught specimen.

Reefraft is an ORA distributor. You could call them and see if they can order a captive raised one for you from ORA. Since your tank is relatively small, one raised on frozen food and pellets is probably a better choice than a wild caught specimen.

+1.

They are tough if not already eating frozen/pellets.

Yeah i talked to someone at ORA. The green mandarin program has shut down until further notice. It was not economically feasible to keep the program running. People arent willing to pay 60-80$ for an ora mandarin when a green one costs 10-20$

I plan on trying to train him to feed on frozen food during the quarantine/tank transfer process.

in my experience, I've only was able to train 2 target ones... couldn't get previous green ones even with it watching a target eat pellets, frozen brine and other prepared foods.

Unfortunately lost my trained ones to one of my tank crashes. Was an awesome fish, damn thing was fat as fridge.

Have two mandarins in my 20L and was able to get them to eat pellets. Brandie is jealous that I'm that lucky. :)

Definitely check out one of our LFS sponsors, I'm sure at least one of them will have at least one.

YAY i got a green mandy yesterday. The store had 3 of them and they all ate frozen brine shrimp. I purchased one, i believe he is a male based on the long dorsal spine.

He is currently going through qt/tank transfer.

So happy :)

Congrats! Where did buy him?

I have a green mandarin from Albany Aquarium. He eats frozen bloodworms.
They get all their mandarins to eat them before they sell them.

We got him at t &t aquarium in downtown San Jose. He's so cute >,< he's around 2". He's currently living in my nano and I'm gonna be so sad when he goes into enders 40. I love watching him explore my tank. My other 2 fish completely ignore my aquascape t_t

Back