got ethical husbandry?

3 month old Bio Cube 29

Just thought I would share a few pics of my new Bio Cube 29. I'm new to the hobby so any recommendations/advice is welcome.
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
IMG_0670.jpg

Looks good.

One thing I would say is that I hope your Mandarin is taking frozen foods otherwise she'll likely starve unless you're adding lots of copepods weekly. Generally with Mandarins you want an established 6-12 months+) tank with sufficient water volume to support enough copepods to feed them.

Looks good.

One thing I would say is that I hope your Mandarin is taking frozen foods otherwise she'll likely starve unless you're adding lots of copepods weekly. Generally with Mandarins you want an established 6-12 months+) tank with sufficient water volume to support enough copepods to feed them.

Yeah she is eating frozen mysis and brine shrimp, I have seen people feed them pellets. Any idea how i could train her to eat pellets? I have tried but at the moment she just ignores them

Nice you're one of the lucky ones if she is already taking frozen mysis and brine :). For pellets, I think most just try to work them in slowly in to the feeding by mixing. Also a corner/box that keeps things in one place I've heard helps too. That said from what I understand few Mandarins end up taking to frozen foods and fewer still end up taking to pellets.

Nice you're one of the lucky ones if she is already taking frozen mysis and brine :). For pellets, I think most just try to work them in slowly in to the feeding by mixing. Also a corner/box that keeps things in one place I've heard helps too. That said from what I understand few Mandarins end up taking to frozen foods and fewer still end up taking to pellets.

Thanks ill give that a try

Back