Our mission

Whole house water filtration system

Holy cow thats a lot of water lol.

Ive never used it.

I guess its if you want to shower and wash dishes with RO water.

Remember this is RO not RODI.

@nly04 I'm in the water biz and that unit looks way too small for a while house unit. The filters are small, the tank is small and no booster pump from what I can see. I wouldn't mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Wow! That seems OVER THE TOP by just a little! :D

Unless you have liquid rocks coming out of the tap, I'm not sure why anyone would want that system. Typical RO systems are just a small faucet next to the kitchen sink for drinking water. This can be expanded to the frig for chilled water or ice.

It would waste a tremendous amount of water also. Every water supply (bath, laundry, toilet etc) would use at least 2x the water it does now.

Im on the market for a complete whole house water softener and filter system do people use daily. I run into this unit from this vendor and want to know more in detail. Anyone know any good water softener/filtration system that you can recommend?

Btw, my Union City tap water measure at 370ppm using TDS meter, after Aqualife RODI I got 16ppm, pressure at 75psi, I am still trying to get it lower so I can use for my tank but I don't know how. I just change all the filter cartridges and I don't want to buy a new RODI system. Any idea?

Something w you rodi setup or tds meter ain't right. W 75 psi you should go from 370 ppm to less than 10 after the membrane and 0-1 after the DI. Maybe your membrane is no good. Happens quick when people don't use the correct prefilters and or change them out fast enough. What cartridges are you using? If chlorine makes it to the membrane it will get wrecked fast and perform poorly, and that will use up you DI fast. No way is water going through good DI resin and coming out that high.

When do you check the TDS? Or rather, how long after you start collecting the water do you check it? I find that my TDS is in the teens for a min or so before it drops to 0. Also helps if you flush the membrane before you actually start collecting water. About 5 mins should do it.

Im in san mateo. Water going into my DI membrane is 7PPM. Water going out is 0PPM.

My plumbing is old. Apartment was built in 1950's.

Also are you flushing your RO membranes after use? I flush for 2 minutes before and 2 minutes when im done.

Back