Our mission

Neptune PAR Meter

jonmos75

Supporting Member
Take a look at what Neptune just announced a Apex - PMK

https://www.neptunesystems.com/pmk/

Shipping next month in North America at $299.95

Neptune's Forum Discussion:
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?11457-New-product-announcement-pmk

Capture4.PNG
Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
Idk how useful that will be. Seems like they intend for you to leave it in the tank long term. The only practical use I see if used that way are for t5 users so they can tell when to change the bulbs

Idk how useful that will be. Seems like they intend for you to leave it in the tank long term. The only practical use I see if used that way are for t5 users so they can tell when to change the bulbs

I agree 100%...I wrote about some of my concerns on their forum as with my Kessils ...and your are only getting PAR in one location of the tank

Where it could be useful is for T5 or MH lights...

What is more intriguing to me is the ASM module....cant wait to see what they have planed for it...I will guess one thing will be the optical sensors that they use in the DDR containers that they said they will release for other aplications

I would hope the ASM module supports something like the Carolina Nitrate probes. Would be nice to not have to do manual tests all the time.

I can't imagine that the "permanent" sensor wouldn't get an algae covering that would seriously compromise it's accuracy if left in the tank long term. I guess this is intended to be set in the tank for a day or two to monitor light levels over an entire light cycle, which would make me wonder why this module to plug into the apex makes any sense at all since the apex is more for long term monitoring.

Last edited:
I was thinking wouldn't suck if you set up an alarm for it and a starfish decided to cruise over it and take its time....hahahaha

I update the original post to have a link to Neptune's Forum discussion on this equipment

We're gonna have a Workshop/Open Forum with Terence from Neptune Systems on Saturday, July 11th at Chabot College in Hayward.

Perfect opportunity to learn more about the Apex and current/future modules.

Working out some details related to the event and we'll have it on the landing page soon.

Back