High Tide Aquatics

Marine Endlers

I was at Aqua Forest over the weekend and they had some freshwater Endlers Livebearers. Decided to try acclimating them to saltwater (which apparently can be done). Seems like they would be great for a nano tank, so...

I started acclimation of 6 Male Endlers Sunday night 8/23. I'll be slowly raising the salinity by adding small amounts of saltwater over the course of the next few days.

I initially raised the salinity from freshwater to 10 ppt (1.0075 sg) over 6 hours late yesterday. All six Endlers were still around this morning and appeared unfazed by the change in salinity. They'll have a break while I'm at work, and I'll start again tonight. I'm suspecting that they will be up to full saltwater by Tuesday or Wednesday night and will spend some time in quarantine until I'm sure they are ready to go to the display tank.

Will try to post some pics tonight of the very unglamorous set-up which includes a 3.5 gallon blue bucket, some live rock, a heater, and an old HOB filter.

Last edited:
That's really cool! Post a pic if you can

Do they look like this?
InternetEndler.jpg

Wow nice! I actually am keeping these guys in my FW planted tank. I had no idea that they could survive in saltwater!

Back