Reef nutrition

10th SF Tank Tour - Sunday Nov 8th

Sorry guys I'm going to back out. Last min plans and I'm in Dubai right now headed to India. I'm back 8th noon so can't make it unless I come straight from the airport, lol ;)

Lev / Lev Ingman / Viewing / Chips and Dips? / Any (I just moved back to the bay and im now a supporting member, it just hasnt updated me as supporting yet)

My attendance is determined by this: "Dungeness crab season is supposed to start on Nov. 7, but fishermen are waiting in limbo while the California Department of Public Health runs tests in the ocean and on crab beds. Test results are due midweek and encompass Dungeness crabs living in eight California ports"
:)

Oh,..."State officials are currently testing crabs for the presence of domoic acid, a neurotoxin that can cause memory loss, seizures and even death when consumed by humans. Domoic acid can survive high temperatures, so your crab's dip in a boiling bath won't destroy the danger. "

I didnt know we had so many crab fishermen on BAR!

You guys drop pots from boats or crab snare?

We should go crabbing! Im a fan of crab snaring on HMB jetty, bakers beach, and pacifica pier.

Unfortunately it seems like I'm not gonna be able to make it. Hopefully everyone has a great day seeing what I'm sure is a good collections of awesome tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah no worries then, just trying to glue down a few more of the frag swap frags. BTW those Sakuri Sunrise (??) zoas that I you put in grow like fricking weeds! I pulled them out of the QT and they were growing onto the egg crate, then put them in the main tank and probably doubled in numbers within the past couple weeks.

and sorry the links I'm bringing are mild, I don't handle spicy very well at all :D

Really bad news folks... due to circumstances beyond my control the crab season has been officially postponed due to dangerous levels of domoic acid.
Therefore we will all have to suffer through eating some abalone instead. See you on Sunday :)

Geneva - I thought I saw you wanted to join? but then the post was gone? We still have room if you want.

FYI - Address and schedule will go out Friday for the tour in PM. Any questions let me know. Please make sure I have your potluck item correct on the first page.

Back