Our mission

bee505 130g Tank

Finally coming around to complete my dream tank. I decided on a custom tank 60x24x21 built by a local builder Keith Grandt. The tank has 3 sided starphire glass with an external center overflow. The stand was built also by a local builder Mario. I am extremely happy with the quality of the tank and stand. I'll be posting more pictures along the way.

243givd.jpg

Awesome Bennett, now give us some details man!!!

BTW is that a hanging light fixture I see on the ceiling that you pulled out of the way to stay out of the shot? :D

Congrats!!!
Dang, Keith did it eh?
My favorite tank builder.
Is the stand made of steel?

I debated between steel and wood, but ultimately decided on wood. I had a few quotes on steel stands that were way out of my price range. I have a 48" ATI 6 bulb light fixture hanging above with a 48" blue reef brite attached to the fixture.

Awesome Bennett, now give us some details man!!!

BTW is that a hanging light fixture I see on the ceiling that you pulled out of the way to stay out of the shot? :D
Good eye, but no. The previous owners of the house opened up the floor plans by knocking down some walls and adding a counter top. The dining room table area was re-positioned. I think it was just a cost effective way to keep the light above the dining table without messing with the electricals.

Looks nice.

Mind sharing the info for local builder Mario? I don't kow who that is and am looking to have a custom stand built.

It finally happened. I was able to fill the tank. I used 2 jacks and a 4x4 cross beam to support the floor in the crawl space. Super sturdy, can probably hold an elephant.

Tank transferred finally happened. It took about a day to make the water and bringing it to the right salinity. After I dropped in the sand, it took about 2 days to clear up. Here is the picture with the cloudy water. I probably used 70% new water and 30% water from the old tank.

281snc1.jpg

Few coral photos after transfer:

i2ogmw.jpg

jpwuvo.jpg

angg81.jpg

Full tank shot. Gosh, I have so much room now, time to go shopping :).

2z4aadd.jpg

Back