Jestersix

Got my 180 Gallon Crystal Dynamics Tank Today

The guys from California Reef Company just delivered my new tank. I have to say dealing with Matt over there was a great experience and I would recommend them to everyone. I ordered a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) a few weeks ago and their builder, Crystal Dynamics, delivered it to them yesterday. I am very impressed with the tank, the build quality is great and I can't wait to get this thing going. I am waiting on the Synergy Reef Overflow I ordered with it, should be here by the end of the week. I still have to figure out what sump I'm going to go with, but I have pretty much everything else from my old 90 gallon.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Thanks! Yea, well it's actually two 2x8's glued and screwed together. Probably overkill, but I would rather overbuild than have a problem down the road.

No, i just did it along the front because of the span, I didnt want to use a center support. I have supports along the back so I just used 1 2x8 on the back and sides

scuzy said it right, thats what i did. I went to kelly moore and told them what i was painting and they gave me a durable paint and i did three coats. tanks been up and running for 7 months and its been good.

Very cool! I'd love to have a 180 with those dimensions. You had your 90 for 7 months and upgrading to 180 already? Nice! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the latest pics, took them this morning

Attachments

• IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_3655.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 509
lol sounds like something I would do.

I just asked my wife how long before I upgrade. She said 5 years. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Y'all are making a mistake by asking. There are really two options here, telling, or just doing (and possibly asking for forgiveness afterwards).

Back