Kessil

Reefstud's 50 gal tank 30X18X20

Thanks, i'm planning testing the dimmable and my optics once i add more corals such as sps. It will be Interesting to monitor the growth compare to mh. Yup, it should last more than 3 yrs.

rygh said:
I bought a set of cheap drivers from dealextreme - took forever, and really poor quality.
I am not sure I will use them.
Definitely like the usual vendors mentioned above.
Plus www.cutter.com.au - the only place to get bin sorted XP-G and XP-E. Only took an extra week.

--

With decent cooling, and running at such low power, I would expect a lot more than 3 years.
BTW: What you can do since the power supplies are dimmable/adjustable is increase them
by about 3% per year. They degrade fairly linearly. Especially easy if you have PAR/LUX measuring tool.

Hi All,

After being on sabbatical from reefing for almost 6 years :), I decided to get back into the hobby again so my 2 year-old can enjoy her Nemo and Yellow Tang. I purchased the Cadlights 50 gal before Christmas from another BAR member (forgot his user name) who gave me a great deal. I finally got it up and running. Still cycling though. I only have a few pictures to post.
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG

I thought I would try out my wood work skills, but horrible. This is my first stand build by the way. It's actually harder than it looks!! On the last pic, after the stand was done, I couldn't fit the sump and had to strip out one of the legs -) ! Inexperience is all I can say.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 244
I was thinking the same thing getting them damsels this weekend. -) I actually got a nemo from a friend of mine and bought myself a Yellow Tang just to test the water as it's not fully cycle yet. So far both fish are doing great. Will get more this weekend.

Mario! Been along time. I remember you at Neptune Aquatics frag swap.

Dang, my heater died on me two days ago, caused me a Yellow Tang. I thought it was the new tank, but it was the heater as temp dropped to 69. :-(

Bought 5 more fish from Saltwater.com and boy they delivered fast and free for first timer. Also they have free delivery on Fridays with $99 purchase good deal.

Back