Neptune Aquatics

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Was able to grab a quick pic today. I'll try and get on the ladder this weekend to get a better view but hopefully this works for now.

Guess it helps if I actually add the pic lol. iPhone 6s Plus no filters mid day lighting on kessils
2e445c2cea0c2c5084a29d76eaec0e7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracking table has been updated.

You must post a January picture. You all have 1 cheat month where you can miss a picture submission. You have 30 days to upload a picture which I think is a lot of time since it only takes about 5 minutes to upload a picture and say "February 2 Polyps, no new growth"

Mine looks to be losing some flesh even though it is on the sand bed shaded by some rocks....looks like I may have to bump up my MG levels to over 1400...

Magnesium shouldnt be a problem with chalices. Ive seen tanks ramped up to 1700 and the chalices were fine.

In most cases magnesium depletion is very slow and easily replenished with regular water changes.

A magnesium test kit is essential if you plan on ramping up magnesium to fight against bryopsis. Use Tech M Magnesium for bryopsis battles. Theres some sort of secret ingredient that kills bryopsis when at the right levels.

Mg shouldn't be a factor in coral health. It is only essential for keeping alk n ca in solution. If you have low mg you won't be able to raise alk n ca beyond a certain level before you see precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much going on so I might as well post my February pic. No change. Started with 2 mouths and still have two. It has receded from its skeleton a little which is concerning but I think it's doing better now.

image.jpeg

Back