Our mission

Hanna alkalinity reagent recall

Thanks for your help on this. I checked my regent and it was one of those affected by this batch. I filled out the form and submitted it. We shall see what happens.

Damn, it was effected. Pretty frustrating as I've been dealing with a couple of my acros with some STN lately. I was thinking too much light, too little nutrients caused it. My alk was fine!

Now I guess I need to swing by Neptune's and pick up another alk test kit. Of course since I've only been using my hanna for so long my only other test kit is out of date.

I guess the moral of this story is never trust a single test kit when troubleshooting.

I got this from another member on RC

I called and spoke with Hanna and they advised that it's good as long as the "green passed" seal is on the main box. I do have that sticker so I guess it's good.

My reagent is on the recall list, but I did a test and compared the results with my older seachem tester. They came in as 8.9 dkh vs 8.5dkh. The seachem tester doesn't have a high precision, so either result could be correct or both could be wrong. Anyway, my Alk seems to be in range for now

Back