Cali Kid Corals

Looking for a tank-sitter/feeder in North Oakland (Temescal/Telegraph District)

I'm going out of town for a week from March 19th - 29th. My tank is pretty automated, including auto water changes, calcium reactor for Ca/Alk/Mg stability, etc. But I still need a tank sitter to feed my tank frozen food and to check up on everything. Can anyone help me out? It would be fine if you just fed them every other day. It should take 10-20 minutes each time you feed them. I would be glad to repay you by tank-sitting for you or in some other way (free beer, frags if/when I have them, etc...).

I'm also planning a 3 week trip to Australia and New Zealand this summer, but that's a future discussion. Still, I'd like to make some more reefer friends so we can help each other out when we go out of town (or when we're in town!).

I appreciate the sentiment @Flagg37.

I usually have a friend help me, and for a week that worries me a little, but it has worked before. However I really want to make some tank-sitter connections with other reefers before my summer 3-week trip. I just know something horrible would happen without anyone who knows what they're doing checking up on the tank for 3 weeks.

Where are located?
Depending on how close you are, I can help a little bit.

But I don't really want to commit 20 minutes every few days to maintain another person's tank. I can help feed it.

I'm just a couple blocks north of the intersection of Telegraph Avenue and CA 24.

20 minutes is probably a high estimate. All I need is someone to feed frozen food to the tank, dose a few mL of VSV mix, and check to make sure the calcium reactor is still dripping and the skimmer isn't overflowing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back