got ethical husbandry?

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

I took my picture at the beginning of February but been very busy so just haven't posted till now.... Lol

uploadfromtaptalk1455944235286.jpg

Jon

Here's mine. Hopefully this won't be the last pic. I just finished moving my aquarium 50 miles. In the past, bad things have happened when I move fish tanks. Fingers crossed everything makes it...

feb%20growth%20contest_zpsjp82e4q5.jpg

I've been target feeding mine reef roids and its seemed to really help. I've only fed it twice now but even my wife said its looking healthier. She said, "I've never seen him so puffed up".

Looking real good Steven! Any tips? Whatcha doing?

Ive still got the remainder of this colony in the frag tank. Its looking fluffy and colored.
Very nice Steven!

Thanks a lot! I have it in medium light/flow under a 360w. I was going to put it on the sand bed, but I picked a nice spot on my frag rack for it. It has more light than most of my chalices, I noticed my miami hurricane was growing nicely on this rack so I put it next to it and it is looking happy! I dont really target feed it, maybe once a week.

Looks like I'm up to 4 eyes this month. In the right light I can see a few spots that look like good candidates for future eyes. We'll see...
FYI: Since my last post, I added Tunze instant coral gum around the edge of the frag to promote outward growth versus downward growth.
TangerineDreams-1_02-22-2016.JPG
TangerineDreams-02_02-22-2016.JPG

Looks like I'm up to 4 eyes this month. In the right light I can see a few spots that look like good candidates for future eyes. We'll see...
FYI: Since my last post, I added Tunze instant coral gum around the edge of the frag to promote outward growth versus downward growth.
View attachment 4476 View attachment 4477

Very smart! I usually do the same thing with coral frags that encrust. Except I use superglue to bridge the gap between the coral edge and the plug.

Back