Neptune Aquatics

Volunteers needed to Help with Frag Swap

The 2016 BAR Members Frag Swap will need a few volunteers to make this an effective and fun event.

This is a great opportunity to help out with the club, meet your fellow reef hobbyists, and make a positive difference with BAR. The work is pretty easy and with help it will be even easier. If you have questions or need help, just ask. :)

The following is where we need volunteers to help out with.

The times listed are ranges, come and help when you can. Except set up and registration, be on time plz.

Set Up (Tables, Chairs, Signs, etc): 11:00am - 12:30PM
  • Ahruk
  • Enderturtle
  • Vhuang
  • Mola
  • poolscapes
  • Nav
We need all the help we can get! Let me know if you want to help set up.

Frag Tables/Swap Patrol (Make sure corals end up in the right place, keep it fair)
  • Nav
  • Jonmos
  • Vhuang
  • Reef Keeper

Group Announcer/Time Keeper: 1:15pm - End of Swap
  • Felecia
  • Coral Reefer
  • Enderturtle

Registration/Merchandise sales: 12:30am - 1:15pm
  • Geneva
  • MolaMola
  • EnderTurtle (bonus round registration)
  • Ahruk

Food/Drinks
  • We need someone to buy and pick up the food and drinks from Costco. Will reimburse you.

Raffles

• EnderTurtle

Clean Up (2:30 to 3:00)
  • Ahruk
  • Enderturtle
  • Cbrennan4
  • Apon
  • BOD People

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind being the announcer/time keeper if there could be someone else to share the job. I'd like to participate, so when its my groups turn to go, I'd need someone to fill in as announcer/time keeper.

Awesome felecia.

I'll ask Mike the President if he can share the responsibility as the Announcer/Time Keeper. If not, I can do it too.

Based on people that have talked to me and forum/facebook posts, Im pretty confident we will see at least 50 people at this swap. Wouldn't surprise me if 70 people showed up.

We do need TWO more people who can help Nav with running the frag swap tables. @Reef Keeper helped last time. You will get to swap. Just gotta switch out when its your turn to swap. :D

Awesome felecia.

I'll ask Mike the President if he can share the responsibility as the Announcer/Time Keeper. If not, I can do it too.

Based on people that have talked to me and forum/facebook posts, Im pretty confident we will see at least 50 people at this swap. Wouldn't surprise me if 70 people showed up.

We do need TWO more people who can help Nav with running the frag swap tables. @Reef Keeper helped last time. You will get to swap. Just gotta switch out when its your turn to swap. :D
Ok sounds good. I assume you have the computer program that was created for the club for swaps? Will there be a laptop set up with that like in the past? Sorry, I didn't make it to the regional swap, so not sure how you've been handling that. I've run the program and the announcing in the past, so should be pretty straight forward. I'm sure someone will be able to jump in for a couple moments when it's my group's turn :)

We've got it covered. That program was a little too complicated for my liking.

At the regional swap we kept time via Phone and had a powerpoint slide to cycle through the groups.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time as I have a couple nieces to babysit. :(

I hope everyone else has fun without me though! :D

Back