Jestersix

MACNA 2016

So this year San Diego, I'm planning on going with wife and kid in tow, I have family down there so figure I'll hang out for a long weekend and cruise around the show for a day or so. However looking at their website they only seem to have 3day passes and banquet passes, no single day floor passes. Is this something they normally release at a later date? or at the door? I would love to go but talk about a major kick in the nuts if I have to buy a 3 day pass, if I don't plan on being there for 3days.

Anyone who's gone in the past, how much have single day passes typically cost? I know it's going to be way more than Reefapalooza, but still trying to keep it under a Disneyland ticket in price :D

Well after my baby I thought about cutting back majorly... but I mean I have family in San Diego and it's not every year (or decade) that MACNA is in actual driving distance, my wife loves the area, she won't mind if I break off for a day of reef nerdasming with my fellow reef nerds :D

Most importantly I really want to see all the new (or not so new) stuff that's out without having to rely on blogs that may not give me all the details that I really want more so than any talks, as I really like the techie side of the hobby more so than the "listening/learning from 'masters'" side.

Yeah, having it in driving distance this year makes it pretty irresistible. Plus that's such a nice area for a weekend getaway anyway :)

I definitely agree with you on the techie side! I love hearing about the new equipment and its fun to see and demo things in person at MACNA. I'm actually planning to do a big tank upgrade this fall, so it will be perfect timing for me to be getting ideas for equipment. Oh, and also its fun to go ogle all the beautiful corals. Since its driving distance, its easy to buy things and drive them home too!

Oh it will definitely be a different weekend. Ender and I are planning on going to MACNA. I'm really excited for it. All those pretty coral, Who could resist? :p Plus hopefully I can either talk Ender into going to a couple of lectures or ditch him to go.

Back