Kessil

Red St. Thomas Mushroom Growth Tracking

So I picked up this Red St. Thomas Mushroom from a local collector.

Absolutely gorgeous coral.

A little bit about St. Thomas Mushrooms.
  • There's currently a mushroom craze at the moment. Strange/Unique/Uncommon mushrooms are being bought up fast and sold for high amounts.
  • St. Thomas Mushrooms are pretty rare now a days. The last time I seen a St. Thomas mushroom at a local fish store was at Neptune Aquatics in 2014 and it was nonfluorescent gray, AND the store only had one.
  • As a member of the Rhodactis genus, it takes a beating and can easily be fragged down the middle with a bandsaw, which is what happened to my frag. You can see it was fragged on the left side and has already regenerated its mouth.
IMG_5076.jpg

Picture of what an unfragged Red St. Thomas mushroom looks like.
red.png

You might call the St. Thomas Mushroom, the original "bounce" mushroom since it had bubbles before bubbles were cool. :cool:

I'll post pictures as it grows, eats, and stuff before I take it out back and frag it in the head. Stuff I learn about it.

So I picked up this Red St. Thomas Mushroom from a local collector.

Absolutely gorgeous coral.

A little bit about St. Thomas Mushrooms.
  • There's currently a mushroom craze at the moment. Strange/Unique/Uncommon mushrooms are being bought up fast and sold for high amounts.
  • St. Thomas Mushrooms are pretty rare now a days. The last time I seen a St. Thomas mushroom at a local fish store was at Neptune Aquatics in 2014 and it was nonfluorescent gray, AND the store only had one.
  • As a member of the Rhodactis genus, it takes a beating and can easily be fragged down the middle with a bandsaw, which is what happened to my frag. You can see it was fragged on the left side and has already regenerated its mouth.
View attachment 5150

Picture of what an unfragged Red St. Thomas mushroom looks like.
View attachment 5151

You might call the St. Thomas Mushroom, the original "bounce" mushroom since it had bubbles before bubbles were cool. :cool:

I'll post pictures as it grows, eats, and stuff before I take it out back and frag it in the head. Stuff I learn about it.
Beautiful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its a really neat mushroom.

Ive noticed it does not grow as fast as the bounce mushrooms.

My bounce has fully recovered and rounded out but this st thomas mushroom is still kinda half.

Back