got ethical husbandry?

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Here is June pix.

ChaliceGrowOut.jpg

@Enderturtle you weren't kidding when you said these grow painfully slowly. We're 1/2 way through the contest and only have about 1/2 the contestants still in. It's undeniable that mine has grown but still no new mouths. Is there anything that can be done to encourage this kind of growth or is it just luck?

Feeding like weekly w mysis should help
@Enderturtle you weren't kidding when you said these grow painfully slowly. We're 1/2 way through the contest and only have about 1/2 the contestants still in. It's undeniable that mine has grown but still no new mouths. Is there anything that can be done to encourage this kind of growth or is it just luck?

image.jpg
Unfortunately for June I left some oyster feast on the coral too long and it damaged some tissue. It didn't lose any eyes but I believe a mouth was forming where the damage occurred. We will see how well it will grow!

Here's July's pic. I almost forgot. The rest of you guys better get a move on.
image.jpeg

I finally glued him to the rockwork and it looks like he's making his way past his skeleton and attaching to the rock. Still only 2 mouths although it looks like there may be another one soon.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 5.16.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 5.16.39 PM.png

Not going to be around until the 1st of next month. Getting my August pics uploaded before I miss my chance. Still at six eyes, five have color and are easy to spot. The six eye is off to the right of the big eye in the top pic and to the bottom of the big eye in the lower pic.

Here's my pic for August.

image.jpeg

Charlie (our name for him), has had a rough couple weeks. We thought he was going to die a couple times. We found him face down in the sand twice and he really doesn't like that. He also sat overnight with reef roids sitting on him and got burned. We had a salinity spike that killed a bunch of SPS, but through all this he's been a fighter and survived it all. My wife said his middle name should be Rocky.

Back