Cali Kid Corals

[Dec 10, 2016] December 10 2016 potluck w/ Rich Ross! (Hayward, ca)

IMG_3915.JPG

Freshly baked yummyness.

IMG_3914.JPG

Don't forget to represent. Wear'em if you got'em.

Yanno I hate that my yearly doctor check up is this time of year, I always get chewed out a bit for not being under 200 pounds. And I'm like "it's not my fault, too many foods are being put into my face, I can say no only so many times! I'm only human!!!"

Thanks everyone for coming out and making the BAR Holiday Potluck a success. Food was great and Rich's presentation was fun, educational and very interesting.
IMG_5242.JPG

I really enjoyed the talk and seeing people - so glad I braved the rainy freeways. Next time I am totally bringing nametags because I still have trouble matching up names, faces and forum handles! Thanks to people near me who were talking about fish quarantine and treatment. I might finally get ready to add fish to our reef tank.

Another great presentation by Rich. It is amazing that he can have a 150 gal reef tank in his living room and all of the support equipment under the house. Of course, he has a great job and the reefing community gives his a lot of stuff to try out. We should all have a tank like this "Lazy" guy. Thanks Rich for sharing your knowledge. BTW, if you missed this, don't miss the next one next year.

I really enjoyed the talk and seeing people - so glad I braved the rainy freeways. Next time I am totally bringing nametags because I still have trouble matching up names, faces and forum handles! Thanks to people near me who were talking about fish quarantine and treatment. I might finally get ready to add fish to our reef tank.

+1 for name tags! We haven't gotten people's names/faces/usernames put together yet either.

Yeah name tags would have made for less awkward initial communication. I mean sure there were those who I knew already. But this club is about community and for newer members it's good to know who some of the other regular members are and they can put faces to names. I mean the guy next to me, Will, I had no idea who he was until he heard me mention my handle then we started talking and I still didn't peg who he was until he specifically mentioned my tank thread etc...

Ok enough of the bitchin' and belly aching it was great to see/hear from Rich, I feel REALLY old because I was like "Why do I remember that original tank of his... oh crap have I know Rich that long?" People brought some good food, it was really nice and even if I didn't talk to you I want to say I enjoyed the company :)

Back