Cali Kid Corals

Overflow help

I emailed modular marine and will have lids made.... but I'm not sure if I made the right decision getting the 800 gph now

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

See if they can hold off committing to 800 gph while u research. Determine size of pipes first and then do a mockup of bean animal pipes to decide dimensions of external box.

I did not want to cut tale of bulkheads to avoid interference with pipes, thus planned a bit extra width there as well.

Attached photo shows 1" main drain on top, and secondary drain (1.5") at bottom which i had to tilt a bit to avoid tale of bulkhead.

50d055463751cc8257876367cc42dbd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now you got me thinking? Should I go with modular marine or synergy shadow overflow, the synergy is only 10 bucks more. What to do what to do?

Thought synergy is quite bit more $. Their weir plate is magnetically removable, so u can clean inside, but wonder if that means more water could leak into external box onward to sump if u have extended outage at return pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay the guy was nice enough to refund..... I switched to the synergy shadow due to easier clean up, comes with elbows for bean setup, it's a 16" and pushes 1200+ gph versus modular marine is 12"... synergy is have a sale on the shadow overflow 40 off free shipping.... modular quotes me 145 shipped and synergy 159 just paid a little more because I figured I would have to buy elbows for mm. So they would be nothing crazy that I'm saving so went with synergy

Waiting on the synergy shadow to arrive, and found a place that would drill holes for me.... just want to say thank you all that gave me a lot of input very much appreciated

Back