Our mission

Finally upgrading from a 29 biocube

Hello BAR, from browsing around everyone is very friendly and helpful on here. I've been doing well with my nano and needed a upgrade. I recently bought a new 76 half circle tank and have been doing some research on different overflows and getting different ideas. I would like to get some holes drilled out of my new tank but scared to do so myself.... any recommendations on a quite over flow? I've been leaning towards the bean animal set up due to the tank will be displayed in the living room and my house is a older house to the rooms are really close to the living room. Any advice or where to get holes drilled? Glass is pretty thick but I'm not comfortable drilling into glass. Or any other suggestions to what overflow I can run? I'm more afraid of the flooding factor because the house I live in is a older also and the power does go out... any help and suggestions I would gladly appreciate

20170119_215039.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Do you know (or can you find out) if the bottom or back is tempered glass? You won't be able to drill into them if they are. The bean animal is widely considered the best but herbie is fine too.

When I had an Oceanic bow-front and de-commissioned it, I took the gamble and drilled the back for an overflow box it turned out to be regular glass but be safe and try to find about the back of the half circle tank. Since your tank has a clear back glass pane, would be easier. I spray painted the back of my old tank and was too lazy to scrape the paint off to find the right way...

Hello BAR, from browsing around everyone is very friendly and helpful on here. I've been doing well with my nano and needed a upgrade. I recently bought a new 76 half circle tank and have been doing some research on different overflows and getting different ideas. I would like to get some holes drilled out of my new tank but scared to do so myself.... any recommendations on a quite over flow? I've been leaning towards the bean animal set up due to the tank will be displayed in the living room and my house is a older house to the rooms are really close to the living room. Any advice or where to get holes drilled? Glass is pretty thick but I'm not comfortable drilling into glass. Or any other suggestions to what overflow I can run? I'm more afraid of the flooding factor because the house I live in is a older also and the power does go out... any help and suggestions I would gladly appreciate

View attachment 6259

Hi Tacoma Tung,
Looks great !
Congratulations with your achievements and decision about the upgrade :)
How is it going now? Do you have any new ideas?

Zhenya

Sorry haven't had a chance to work on the tank due to new years and parents were in town... just painted the back of the tank yesterday black will be taking it to get drill this week... went with a synergy shadow overflow flow

Back